Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer Holiday - Days 5 & 6 (Chesterfield - Hadden Hall - Harrogate)

On Day 5, Joss and I visited Hadden Hall. Unfortunately, my camera decided to be uncooperative that day, so I have no photos. :( We ate at the other local pub for dinner that evening - The Wellington Hotel. I enjoyed a delicious apple crumble with custard for dessert!!!

The next day it was pouring rain. We ran a few errands in town and retreated indoors for some coffee/hot cocoa at Caffe Nero. Due to the downpour, my comfy red sandals were destroyed - they bled red all over my feet and the upper soles wore away and once dried, they did not smell good. :(

Before my departure, George and I visited "Revolution House" where conspirators plotted to bring William of Orange over to England. After this educative stop, I took the train to Harrogate to visit Heather and Grandma.

It was also raining in Harrogate when I arrived in Harrogate, but we got my luggage into the house without too much trouble.

Day 6 in Harrogate was fairly relaxed. Heather, Grandma and I went to ASDA for their weekly grocery shop. We ended up watching television and chatting much of the afternoon and had Chinese take-away for dinner.

No comments: