Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Holiday - Day 11 (Leeds - Manchester - La Rochelle - Sainte)

Day 11 started really early with a taxi arriving at 5:30 a.m. to take me to the train station. I traveled to Manchester Airport where I took a plane to La Rochelle, France. The scary thing? La Rochelle airport may actually be smaller than Iqaluit's!!! I and a fellow traveller navigated the public busses to get ourselves to the train station. Since we had a few hours before our respective trains, we visited a nearby bistro for beer/pop and a snack of ham and cheese on a baguette. Views from the train showed the greeness of that area of France.



Anne-Lise, Greg and José met me at the station and whisked me off to my hotel to check-in. Then we went back to the Piquard residence for swimming and dinner. Talk about hospitality!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice summer holiday. Where in hotels at manchester have you stayed? It's such a nice place isn't it?