Friday, September 7, 2007

Welcome to September in Iqaluit

September in Iqaluit is full of surprises?!? On September 6 we had snow. September 7 brought winds of 57 km/h (35miles per hour) with gusts of 74 km/h (46miles per hour)...I'm starting to think my face does not need exfoliation since I get sand blown in my face at high speeds anway! ;)

First week back at work since my trip down to Ottawa and Virginia has been busy. Preparations for Nunavut Mining Week continue at a quick pace. On Thursday I saw "The Invasion" at the movies...the three of us who went together were laughing most of the way through...hopefully we didn't bother the other movie-goers too much! Tonight I'm going to a bar/restaurant for dinner. Tomorrow is "sign-up day" at which you sign-up for recreation activities for the coming year. After that, I think I'll collapse for the remainder of the weekend.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Sydney said...

It's amazing how 'less' turns into 'more'. With so few distractions in the North, one stoops to see all the little points we miss as a rule - eg. steps, tiny flora, big sky, beautiful vistas. Well done Gill - thanks for the educational views and info. Sydney