Saturday, September 22, 2007

Times they are a movin' on

So, it's been a little while since I last wrote. We've been going through waves of coldness and mixes of snow/rain. Most mornings we now wake up to frozen puddles and a light layer of frost/snow on the ground.


For the past few weeks I've been preparing for Nunavut Mining Week and it finally begins tomorrow! Of course, they have to turn the power off in most of town tomorrow just to add to the excitement, but we will survive. After all, we have to use generators for power in the park anyway! So, tonight I must set alarms on none-plugged in devices in order to ensure I make it to the park on time. Activities include panning for gold, the rock doctor, surveying, and of course...hotdogs! Hopefully we'll get a good turn out. My pencils and activity books are ready to be distributed...hope that they actually attract our target audience! Anyway, I need sleep....and to figure out what to wear in order to stay warm, but also be able to move about easily tomorrow. Hope to have pictures to share again in the near future. :)

Ta ta.

No comments: