Thursday, July 23, 2009

Coming to the end of a chapter

So, six months later and I'm about to move back to "the south". I've spent a busy two years here in Iqaluit with lots of learning, travelling and other great experiences. I've met so many different people from all walks of life. I've worked on a lot of different projects both at work and after hours. I've survived two winters and the better part of three summers here in the Arctic.

I leave in a little over a week and have tons to do! Organization of belongings, instructions for successors and many goodbyes. One advantage of where I'm headed is that most people from Iqaluit travel through Ottawa to get elsewhere, so hopefully I'll see many of the friends again in the future.

I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. The people here are so welcoming and really do become a family of sorts. I'll upload more photos from my adventures up north when I get the chance. For now I must get back to my last minute to do lists!

No comments: